To configure your Thunderbird or any other e-mail client, you need to know
your POP3 and SMTP servers. To find them out:
- Log into H-Sphere control panel;
- Click Mail Service on your control panel home page.
- Check with your local Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get their outgoing (SMTP)
mail server address.
- Open Thunderbird.
- In the menu bar, go to the Tools drop-down menu and select Account Settings.
- On the page that shows, select Add Account on the left
- Choose Email account
- Enter your name (this is the name others will see when they recieve your email)
and your email address
- Enter mail server names
Incoming Server - mail.YOUR_DOMAIN
Outgoing Server - your local ISP's outgoing mail server.
Enter your full email address as your incoming user name; outgoing username depends
- We recommend using your local ISP's SMTP server for sending mail, as most
providers block access to remote SMTP (you still use Sustainable Hosting's
servers for recieving mail.)
- smtp.yourdomain will accept mail for delivery using SMTP Auth or POP before
SMTP if your local provider does not block SMTP.
on your local ISP's policies, but can typically be left blank.
Note: If you are using Sustainable Hosting's SMTP servers for sending mail,
your outgoing username will be the same as your incoming user name.
Enter a name for your account. You can call it whatever you like.
You're done! Thunderbird is now configured and ready to use with your Sustainable
Hosting email account.